Course Name: Professional Thai Foot Massage Diploma (24 CPD points)
Dates: If you don't see a suitable date available for the course you want, then email us with your requirements and we will do what we can to accommodate your request. Please book early to avoid disappointment. We can also provide private lessons, please contact us for more details on this.
Course Cost: £150.00
Please see our Course Terms & Conditions for further details about course payments.
What is a Thai Foot Massage?
Thai foot massage treats the feet and legs. Thai foot massage incorporates massage, stretching, pressure points, yoga, Shiatsu and Chinese massage.
Thai massage can be used over the entire body but this course deals with the feet. Thai foot massage uses stretching, stimulation of reflex points and massage to relax your client and clear energy pathways.
In the orient, Thai foot massage was used as a method for healing the mind and body, it was also known to promote sleep, improve circulation, improve mobility and can promote a better immune system.
What are the benefits of Thai Foot Massage?
Physiological benefits of Thai Foot Massage
- Increases flexibility in hips, legs and ankles.
- Has been known to reduce oedema.
- Helps to nourish tissues and encourage healing through the use of healing.
- Improves mobility in stiff joints.
- Improves the condition of the skin.
- Increases lymphatic flow that helps the body to eliminate waste.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Increases oxygen in the tissues.
- Relaxation of the muscles.
- Helps to break down fibrous adhesions, knots and nodules.
Psychological benefits of Thai Foot Massage
- Reduces stress.
- Helps to bring on a state of relaxation.
- Releases stagnant energy.
- Re-balances energy flow.
- Lowers stress levels
- Creates a feeling of being calm and balanced.
- Can help to elevate moods.
Benefits of our diploma courses, they are accredited with The Beauty Guild and offer:
- Home study of the theory section of the course.
- One-day practical training.
- Easy and fun learning experience.
- No previous experience needed.
- Support from our tutors throughout the course.
- Accredited by the Beauty Guild allowing you to practice professionally.
- If you are attending one of our private one to one session you will receive the treatment yourself so that you will know what the treatment feels like.
- High CPD points gained with all our courses.
- Highly experienced tutors who are dedicated to their therapies.
What do I need to bring on the practical training day?
- Your training manual.
- Your model
- A packed lunch and a bottle of water.
- Copies of your previous qualifications if these have not already been submitted to us.
- Some warm clothing for after the treatment, this is especially important if you are on any of our massage courses as you will have warmed your muscles during the course and you want to ensure that they do not get cold afterwards.
Course theory and practical
After you have completed the theory section of the course and answered the evaluation questions these need to be sent to us for marking. At the practical session you will work through a whole treatment session from set-up to aftercare and be marked on your work. If you pass the course your certificate will be sent to you from our head office with 14 days of completing your course and you will be able to gain insurance with the GHT.
What do I need to do next?
If you would like to enroll on one of our courses :
- Add the course to your basket and checkout to make your payment.
- We will then be in touch with you via email to confirm your course and to arrange dates etc.
- You will need to complete our course application form (attached to your confirmation email) so that we can enroll you
- Once enrolled we will be in touch to confirm the course date/time and to request final payment for the course.
You can still contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us directly on 01278 459066 to discuss any of our courses.
Please read Course Terms & Conditions before making a booking, you will be asked to confirm that you have before being able to purchase one of our courses.
What happens on the day of the practical training?
On the day of your practical training, you will need to attend one of our venues where you will be taught all the techniques required for this therapy. Our classes are friendly and very informative. You will need to bring a model with you to work on. Your client will need to have a consultation carried out before the training to ensure they do not have any contra-indications. If you are joining one of our group practical training days you will not have to bring a model, as you will be working on your fellow students. Please be aware that our course may consist of mixed gender students.
Further details about our courses:
- You do need to bring a model with you for our courses.
- Our teacher will guide you slowly through each step of the course in detail.
- Class sizes are small so you get more individual attention from your tutor.
What happens after the course?
Once you are a fully qualified practitioner and you have gained the correct insurance we suggest.
- You practice your therapy techniques upon family and friends until you become confident.
- You contact us if you have any questions by e-mail.
- You can also return to us for practical refresher sessions or advance workshops.