Academy Courses Terms & Conditions
Course Terms & Conditions
- Payment can be made in full at the time of booking, or a deposit can be made (this does vary per course, please see course details on the website for more information, or contact us to discuss).
- Payments must be made in full no later than 14 working days prior to the course start date. Nailchemy Academy reserves the right to re-allocate the course place to another delegate if fees are not paid on time.
- When booking a course that has a discount offer, full payment must be made at the time of booking. The complete cost of the booking is non-refundable or transferable.
- Where applicable only one discount offer can be used per course.
Cancellations & Refunds
We're unable to offer refunds if you want to cancel your training course.
The only exception to this is the 24-hour cancellation policy (below) which allows you to cancel any booking within 24 hours of the original booking being made by calling us on 01278 459066.
However, we recognise that in exceptional circumstances, such as bereavement, we would wish to consider offering you a credit note at such a difficult time. These decisions are made at the discretion of our Principal Tutor and will only be considered if the bereavement relates to an immediate family member, for example, a partner, child, parent or sibling.
Although we are unable to offer a refund if you no longer wish to attend your original booking, you can change your booking to a future date within a reasonable time period, to be discussed with the Principal Tutor. If you have purchased your course at a discounted price you will have to pay the difference to the full course price. Any re-bookings will incur an additional £25.00 re-booking fee.
You may cancel your booking within 24 hours of making the original booking. You will receive a refund (excluding any online or other administrative fees incurred). A cancellation fee per booking will be charged at £20. Please contact us on 01278 459066. Refunds will be made via the method used to book the course.
All claims will be assessed entirely at the discretion of Feel Better Days Academy. The credit will be to the value of the original fee paid, per booking, and can be used against any future bookings within the following six month period, minus the £25.00 re-booking fee.
Names of students may be changed on payment of a "name change" fee of £15.00 per student, per booking up to the day before the scheduled booking. In addition, if there is a difference between the original fee paid and the current fee available at the time the change is made, the customer will be required to pay any increased fee since the original booking. No refund will be given if the new fee is lower.
The following charges will apply if you wish to transfer your booking to a later course date:
A £25.00 re-booking fee will apply
If you have purchased your course at a discounted price you will have to pay the difference to the full course price.
The choice of course date must be specified at the time of transfer (else the instruction will be considered a cancellation)
The option to transfer students can only be used once, after which any movement will be considered a cancellation. All outstanding invoices will remain due, irrespective of the number of working days' notice given for the cancellation.
Course dates and venues
Nailchemy Academy reserves the right to alter course dates and venues without liability.
In the event of a cancellation where alternatives cannot be provided in respect of that course, a full refund will be offered.
Nailchemy Academy will not normally reimburse travel or accommodation expenses. Nailchemy Academy is not able to offer refunds for cancellations outside our control, including adverse weather conditions, flooding or industrial action, but we will endeavour to work with our customers to re-arrange course dates wherever possible.
In order to respond rapidly to changes in market demand, Nailchemy Academy reserves the right to alter its course content and/or trainer at any time.
Course notes and training
Nailchemy Academy course notes and training cannot be relied upon for legal interpretation. Neither Nailchemy Academy nor its employees, trainers or consultants can accept responsibility for the actions of clients, or those of other people reading the course notes, or responsibility for any loss incurred as a result of relying on the course content or the course notes.
A minimum of 2 students are required to run any course. This is so you have a practice partner to work with on the day and to cover costs. We will normally reschedule and move you to the next available course date in the event the course does not run due to numbers, but this is not always the case. We can offer private tuition in a one to one environment, please ask if you require one to one tuition as this may incur additional costs.
All students are required to bring a model(s) with them to practice on, this applies to all courses regardless of how many students are booked onto a course.
It is the student's responsibility to check with their insurance company that they qualify for insurance cover after passing a Nailchemy Academy course, they will need to confirm that Nailchemy Academy Courses will be approved for insurance purposes.
It is imperative that you check this with your insurance provider before booking a course.
Nailchemy Academy can assist you if you haven't already procured an insurance policy, please check with us at the time of booking for further information.
We recommend that you acquire student insurance for your practical training day. Student insurance is available via the Beauty Guild.
More information can be found here: http://www.beautyguild.com/
(Nailchemy Academy is not liable or responsible for the information or terms and conditions held on any third party website. Please note that any transactions (communications or otherwise) that occur between yourselves and The Beauty Guild are not the responsibility of Nailchemy Academy and cannot be construed as such).
Certificates are not issued on the day of training but are issued from our head office within 10-14 working days of satisfactory completion of a course.
Criteria for satisfaction are as follows:
- Successfully demonstrate a proficient treatment on the day of practical training (Tutors will perform an assessment of the treatment on the day of the practical training).
- Complete the theory section of each course undertaken and email it to email@example.com or post it to Principal Tutor, Nailchemy Academy, 40 Market Street, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 3EP. All theory submissions must be made at least 10 days before the practical course date to allow for marking. You will not be allowed to undertake the practical assessment until you have successfully completed the theory exam.
- If you require help with your theory exam our tutors are very accommodating and will help you to work through areas of the course that need further clarification. (Please be sure to include your full name, address and phone number on any correspondence related to assessment submission)
- 70% of the questions on the theory exam are answered correctly. If you score below 70% we will contact you as soon as possible to ask you to review your answers and re-submit your exam. Tutor assistance is available if you require further clarification on areas of the course.
- If our tutors decide that any student would benefit from additional practice or training, Nailchemy Academy reserves the right to withhold certification until a successful practical demonstration is observed. Students that are unsuccessful on the day of the practical training will be offered the opportunity to re-sit the practical exam at a later date. Students may also be required to perform case studies with the number of these being decided by the Principal Tutor.
- Students that fall into this category will be asked to pay an additional £30 to cover the time required by the tutor to re-assess practical standards. If after re-sitting the practical exam students are still unable to demonstrate a satisfactory practical treatment they may be asked to pay for the course in full again.
It is required that you arrive at your course at least 15 minutes before the arranged start time to ensure that you do not hold up the learning of other students attending the course. If you struggling to arrive on time, then you must contact your tutor as early as possible to inform them of your arrival time. If you are going to be more than 30 minutes late, then you may not be allowed to undertake the course that day (this is solely at the discretion of the tutor). Being late for your course is not an excuse for re-scheduling to another date and no refund will be given.