Course Name: Professional Waxing Specialist Diploma course (24 CPD points)
Course Length: 1-day practical training
If you don't see a suitable date available for the course you want, then email us with your requirements and we will do what we can to accommodate your request. Please book early to avoid disappointment. We can also provide private lessons, please contact us for more details on this.
Venues: Bridgwater, Somerset.
Course Cost: £150.00
Please see our Course Terms & Conditions for further details about course payments.
Waxing treatments are highly popular among both men and women. This course will teach you the theoretical and practical methods required to carry out waxing treatments using warm wax with a spatula and strip method. You will also learn how to prepare for a treatment, and give aftercare advice to your customer.
What are the benefits of Waxing?
- Quick treatment
- Removes the whole hair
- The client can expect to be hair-free for 4 to 6 weeks
- Hairs re-grow finer and sometimes more sparse
What do I need to bring on the practical training day?
- Your training manual.
- Your model.
- A packed lunch and a bottle of water.
- Copies of your previous qualifications if these have not already been submitted to us.
- Some warm clothing for after the treatment, this is especially important if you are on any of our massage courses as you will have warmed your muscles during the course and you want to ensure that they do not get cold afterwards.
Course theory and practical
After you have completed the theory section of the course and answered the evaluation questions these need to be sent to us for marking. At the practical session, you will work through a whole treatment session from set-up to aftercare and be marked on your work. If you pass the course your certificate will be sent to you from our head office with 14 days of completing your course and you will be able to gain insurance with the GHT.
What do I need to do next?
If you would like to enroll on one of our courses :
- Add the course to your basket and checkout to make your payment.
- We will then be in touch with you via email to confirm your course and to arrange dates etc.
- You will need to complete our course application form (attached to your confirmation email) so that we can enroll you
- Once enrolled we will be in touch to confirm the course date/time and to request final payment for the course.
You can still contact us via e-mail: Courses@nailchemy.co.uk or phone us directly on 01278 459066 to discuss any of our courses.
Please read Course Terms & Conditions before making a booking, you will be asked to confirm that you have before being able to purchase one of our courses.
What happens on the day of the practical training?
On the day of your practical training, you will need to attend one of our venues where you will be taught all the techniques required for this therapy. Our classes are friendly and very informative. You will need to bring a model with you to work on. Your client will need to have a consultation carried out before the training to ensure they do not have any contra-indications. If you are joining one of our group practical training days you will not have to bring a model, as you will be working on your fellow students.
Further details about our courses:
- You will need to bring a model with you.
- Our teacher will guide you slowly through each step of the course in detail.
- Class sizes are small so you get more individual attention from your tutor.
What happens after the course?
Once you are a fully qualified practitioner and you have gained the correct insurance we suggest.
- You practice your therapy techniques upon family and friends until you become confident.
- You contact us if you have any questions by e-mail.
- You can also return to us for practical refresher sessions or advanced workshops.