Title: Spray Tanning Diploma Course (16 CPD points)
- Theory ‐ 8 hours theory self‐study
- Practical ‐ 8 hours tutor lead practical training held over 1 day
Course duration breakdown:
- 8 hours self‐study time.
- 1 Day tutor led practical training.
- ‐ Practical training will consist of tutor lead time on the theory aspect of the course and a knowledge assessment based on self‐study theory learning along with a chance to perform one spray tan application treatment. You will be working on a model that you will need to provide.
Please note that the number of theory and practical hours required to complete this course as stated above is provided as a guideline only. The actual number of theory hours required will vary depending on the speed at which you learn. The number of practical hours may vary depend on learning speed and class sizes.
Venues: Bridgwater (Somerset)
Course Cost: £100.00
Please see our Course Terms & Conditions for further details about course payments.
This course covers the technique for performing a spray tanning treatment illustrated by clear photographs. It also includes fantastic anatomy and physiology resources with clear diagrams. Health and safety guidance is covered as well as contra-actions and contra-indications and aftercare.
Course Aims & Objectives
Our overall aim is to provide a high standard of training that will allow you (the student) to perform a spray tanning application treatment confidently and to current industry standards.
This course aims to teach you (the student) how to practically perform a spray tanning application treatment in a safe and professional manner. All of the information in this course manual has been designed to take you (the student) through a spray tanning application course ensuring that you have all the knowledge required to work hygienically and effectively.
As tutors, we aim to provide you with all the knowledge needed to work in the beauty industry safely and with confidence.
By the end of this course, you (the student) will be able to:
- Understand laws, acts and regulations in relation to being a professional spray tanning application professional.
- Demonstrate knowledge of patch testing, spray tanning application.
- Explain the anatomy, physiology and pathologies related to your chosen therapy.
- Demonstrate a spray tanning application treatment from initial set up to aftercare.
All of these will be performed with confidence in a professional manner.
Benefits of our diploma courses, they are accredited with The Beauty Guild and offer:
- Home study of the theory section of the course.
- 1 Day practical training.
- Easy and fun learning experience.
- No previous experience needed.
- Support from our tutors throughout the course.
- Special offers on therapy supplies needed for the therapy.
- Accredited by the Beauty Guild allowing you to practice professionally.
- High CPD points gained with all our courses.
- Highly experienced tutors who are dedicated to their therapies.
What do I need to bring to the practical training days?
- Your training manual.
- Your model.
- A packed lunch and a bottle of water.
Course theory and practical
After you have completed the theory section of the course and answered the evaluation questions these need to be sent to us for marking. At the practical session, you will work through a whole treatment session from set-up to aftercare and be marked on your work. If you pass the course your certificate will be presented to you at the end of your practical assessment and you will be able to gain insurance with the Beauty Guild.
What do I need to do next?
If you would like to enrol on one of our courses:
- Add the course to your basket and checkout to make your payment.
- We will then be in touch with you via email to confirm your course and to arrange dates etc.
- You will need to complete our course application form (attached to your confirmation email) so that we can enrol you
- Once enrolled we will be in touch to confirm the course date/time and to request final payment for the course.
You can still contact us via e-mail: email@example.com or phone us directly on 01278 459066 to discuss any of our courses.
Please read Course Terms & Conditions before making a booking, you will be asked to confirm that you have before being able to purchase one of our courses.
Further details about our courses:
- You will need to bring a model.
- Our teacher will guide you through each step of the course in detail.
- Class sizes are small so you get more individual attention from your tutor.
What happens after the course?
Once you are a fully qualified practitioner and you have gained the correct insurance we suggest.
- You practice your newly learned skills and techniques upon family and friends until you become confident.
- You contact us if you have any questions by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also return to us for practical refresher sessions or advance workshops, please email us for further details if you are interested in this.
How do I enrol on the course?
You can enroll on the course by purchasing the course through this website, after which we will contact you to progress your enrollment.
How soon after enrolling can I start the course?
Once you have enrolled on the course and paid the course fee, you will receive an email confirming your purchase and we will email you with further information about the course.
How long will it take me to complete the course?
The time it takes to complete the course will depend on how quickly you learn as an individual, and also on the number of hours per day you spend on it.
Is there a time limit for completing the course?
You must have completed the theory element of the course before the agreed practical training dates, or you will not be prepared to undertake the practical element of the course and an additional re-booking fee may be applicable. You must ensure you have completed the written assessment and sent it to us before the course date so that we can assess your readiness.
Is the course accredited?
The course is fully accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists for membership and insurance.
Is the course accredited for Continuing Professional Development - CPD?
Yes. The course is accredited for Continuing Professional Development by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists.
What support is available to me whilst doing the course?
You can email Nailchemy Academy at email@example.com to gain support 24/7. We will aim to respond to all emails within 48 hours where we can. If your question relates to your impending course date, then it is better to call us on 0278 459066 during office hours.
What if I am dyslexic?
Please contact Nailchemy Academy and we will try to support you where we can to help you through the course content, we can provide the course to you electronically so that a reader could be used if required. We also supply DVDs (where available) with our courses, so that you can see the treatment(s) being performed.
How will the course be marked?
Your theory paper will be marked by your tutor, you will be assessed throughout your practical training day.
What if I fail the practical assessment?
You will need to arrange another day of training with us, you will be charged for this.
Do I need to complete any paperwork?
Yes, but we have kept things as simple as possible so that you will not feel overwhelmed. There is a one page written assessment with this course consisting of 10 questions. If you are finding the paperwork difficult, we will support you to complete it.
What will I receive when I complete the course?
You will receive a Nailchemy Academy certificate which will be presented to you on successful completion of the course.